Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What is Success ? ( In my perspective)

What is success? (In my perspective)

For me, success is divided into 5 parts. They are success in family, in career, in social life, in health, and in morality. My life wouldn’t be complete if I cannot fulfill these 5 areas of my life. Yet different people have different perspective, but mine should be like this.
Now I’m going to explain everything from my point of view. First, what does success in family mean? Success in family means that you have people who love you and be loved by you. Usually the circle of family consists of the closest people around you, such as your parents and siblings. Living peacefully with them means you talk, you communicate, and they respond to you. Time is the key factor here. If a family can spend some time together just to interact among themselves, the problems that they are facing will seem to be light enough to bare. Laughter and hugs would be the best remedy of all tiring day. You don’t have to spend and plan particular event just to show that you care. A simple dinner can have it all.
Then, as I’m a young man that has a lot of dreams and accomplishment to achieve, I believe that I have to strive and work hard to prove my existence. Especially in business, I see that people who are rich have all the respects and power in their hands even though not everybody likes them. Well, for start, I need to have good grades to be successful in my studies so I can earn as much knowledge as I could. Hopefully with all this knowledge, I could establish and expand my own business and be recognized by people.
Next, success in social life means that you have friends that you can count on especially when you are in trouble. Nowadays I see a lot of people try to be friends with people who are popular but that are not what I want. I need to have friends who truly know me, my strengths and weakness yet they still accept me for who I am. Those kind of friends are difficult to find but should be kept when you have them. I believe if you have friends that support you, you will be able to develop your potential to the best that you can. They will remind you if you are wrong and support you when you are in need. That’s why I called it success in social life.
Health, health may not be everything but without health we cannot do anything. For me health is very important. It helps me to do everything from studying, having fun, and doing other activities to achieve my dreams. Imagine if you are sick, you cannot perform to your maximum potential. Not to mention the pain and the expense that you should spent to be healthy. I think even though you have all the money in this world, it would be useless if you cannot enjoy it for you are sick and cannot leave your bed.
Even though I’m still young, but I want to make sure that I am successful now and then. Well morality or religion is one way to have the guarantee. Without good moral people can be very selfish and evil. They only think about themselves and their needs. Usually these kinds of people will do everything to achieve their goals. In the other hand, I believe that I should live good conscience. It will bring me peace so I can prepare my next move without feeling guilty.
I hope I can achieve all of this success. As I grow older perhaps these definitions will change but for now this success are my goals to achieve in life.
Initial R
Ricardo Alidjurnawan

No comments: