Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Natural Disasters, A Sign From Above Or Unexplainable Calamity?~ (4-09-2007)


Natural disasters transpire often these days, don’t you think? There are countless types of natural disasters; none has enticed my attention more than hurricane disasters. It all started today, when I was watching CNN. The channel mostly reported about a new hurricane approaching the southern South American region. In a couple hours, they predict “Hurricane Felix” would obliterate most of the South American region beach coastline. Their reports were very concise and straightforward, CNN in addition reported a link to past hurricanes in the South American region ten years ago called “Hurricane Mitz” (forgive me if I misspell the word). Commencing after the disturbing report I thought to myself, “Natural disasters occur sporadically in our day and time, is this maybe a sign from above? Then again, it could just be my feeling”. I decided to post this blog as a reminder to myself and all you readers out there to think about: Life is too fragile to waste. There are some things we can’t change or do anything about, but all we can do is pray and hope for the best. We all live in a time where modernization and globalization has generated countless of advancements and setbacks as well. Our era of life is whirling at a snail's pace for the worse; from the depravity of the world, the rise of global warming, or even the frequent acts of terrorism. I can’t help to think, (and this may sound a bit cliché) “How are we children of the Lord and the future leaders of Indonesia and the world able to change ourselves and those around us little by little for a better future?”

[please post your rational and LOGICAL answers below these comments if you may, this is open comment session]

By: Nicholas Sudharta
Administrator (Nicholas)

No comments: